This morning began with a computer glitch...the desktop declined to open Windows on the grounds that a file was missing or corrupted. Re-booting seemed to fix that, but you never know, with computers (and no, don't tell me about the wonders of Macs. I've tried Macs. They don't think like I think. Neither does Windows, really, but it's based, at its root back there somewhere, on DOS, which *is* how I think, sort of. Partly, anyway.) So of course I started backing things up. A lot of things. Some things were pretty current; others weren't, because I take a lot of pictures (you've noticed?) and putting those on CDs is time-consuming and eats up CDs, esp. when the CD-burner software keeps taking dislikes to some CDs. I worked and worked, and sent Himself off to get more CDs and, if possible, an external hard drive. Which is now sitting on my desk, sounding like a tiny distant cricket as it tries to absorb everything I had on the data drive of the desktop. No, it's not done, because I wanted to finish one particular chunk onto CDs before trying the new drive (what if it didn't work right? What if it did this, or that, or...??? And then I had to reformat it in another format, because the directions said to, and so on. Meanwhile, how much work have I done on the book today? Can you guess? That's right. And tonight is choir practice, for which I need to leave in no more than 40 minutes if I'm to get a parking place up close to the church. But meanwhile, since the light in my study was burnt out, I decided to try the different color of light bulbs Himself got last time--too blue-white he said. Better than sickly orange...I put one in the ceiling light. VERY blue-white, but definitely better than the ones with the greeny-orange tinge. A bit too blue-white. Hmmm....so I went and got one of the little greeny-orange ones (the fixture has three sockets) and put it in. The blend is quite nice, and the total wattage is 20w for a light that is nice and bright and not as ugly as either alone. It's a dark, gray day outside, damp but not raining, storms probably coming but not yet here. I needed the light inside. Now to find a shade that will fit over these things and sort of blend the colors (the old ceiling fixture shade broke years ago...since I'm always facing a computer screen in here, the harshness of the naked bulb overhead never bothered me too much. But with the fluorescents, I think a fixture shade would be a good idea. Of course now the stuff that was on the floor in the way of the step-stool is on the bed...begging to be sorted/trashed/put away properly. If I had started that project this morning...but it's after 3 and I need to leave all too soon. I'm not seeing "mixed" as a mood...<G>