Then I spent hours playing with the new toy, and my own images. What I wanted, and had mocked up, was a faded version of the Paksworld map-strip (the map that will be in the new book, a north-south stripe) in brown and cream, but faded enough that the necessary date would show over it. It looked good on the monitor, but I faded the background too much for the print version. Still, it looks interesting. Then I took another version of the map, and ran it vertically along one side of the card...and then the book cover. Since I can print on both sides of the cards, I added a list of the Paksworld novels to the other side.
And then of course I had to make some "nature" ones for when I'm meeting people in biology, ecology, wildlife management, etc.
And I fear that making many business card designs is going to...um...become a mild obsession. I have lots and lots of photographs and drawings. LOTS.