|2016 Socks Starting
||[Jan. 13th, 2016|11:09 am]
The blue socks showed up in an earlier post--still not finished, as Christmas/New Years/book revision-before-Editor-gets-back-after-holidays is not conducive to finishing a pair that continues to have problems (like knots in the yarn, indicating a tie done at the factory). So, seeing more problems ahead, I elected to start another pair to take on the first convention trip of the year, GAFilk in Atlanta (a great filk convention, by the way--thoroughly enjoyed it!) and chose Plymouth Yarn's Galway Nep in a rose color, that I've used for striping short socks before. Here's where I am, not quite halfway through January:
The blues are past the heel turn; one is past the gusset decreases and the other is just starting them. Behind them, the rose pair has completed the ribbing on one sock, and has a row or two to go on the other. They will wait until I finish the gusset decreases on the blue pair and then proceed slowly while the blues charge ahead to finish (I hope!) by the end of the month. However, there's other work to be done (the annual report on our wildlife management project), plus revisions requested by Editor when they come in, plus work around the house beyond daily chores.
Last year's sock total was 2 pairs of regular socks for a friend, 8 pairs regular socks for myself, and 7 pairs short socks for myself. 17 pairs total. I hope to finish 1, 7, and 7 this year, and do my first pair of fingerless mitts. Anyone who wants to see all the sock pairs done last year can check on my Ravelry projects page.